The Structural Vibration Laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art vibration testing equipment including:
- A Scanning Laser Doppler Vibrometer (Polytec PSV 400), allowing sampling rates up to 1 MHz.
- National Instrument CompactDAQ acquisition system with modules to measure strains and ICP sensors. A campus wide license for LabView provides the acquisition software. Modal View toolkit allows modal analysis of measured results.
- Miniaturized accelerometers, strain gages, load cells.
- Modal shaker.
- Mid-range acoustic speakers for excitations up to 20kHz.
- CNC machining
- Stratysys Dimension FDM Rapid Prototyping
- Objet Connex350 Multi-Material 3D Printing System (up to 20μm resolution for 50mm objects, up to 14 materials in same part)
Material properties for Object Connex350